Start off your Bucket list 2019 the right way; 5 astounding budget-friendly trips everyone is in mood for this summer
From Treks to Beach Getaways, Sun Bathing to Cherishing the snow, it’s always a big decision where to end up in summers. Seeking the perfect vacation for summer is a tedious task keeping in mind, that the place should be unique but also affordable. Most people pick summers to have a fun-filled but relaxed trip, thus planning in advance makes a difference.
With plenty of go-to spots, there are a few places that become a cherishable memory, keeping us close to their stories forever. Here are the top 6 insanely affordable trips, so tie your laces and run to book these amazing vacations packages.
The Scotland Of India- Coorg
Rural District in the Southwest state of Karnataka is the Weekend Getaway to most of the individuals. Get lost in its Waterfalls and trees and take in a breath of fresh air at every step. Rent a car, and keep exploring the Natural wonders here.
- How to Reach: Take a bus or rent a taxi from Mangalore (139 km), Mysore (118 km) or Bangalore (255 km). Taxis start from almost Rs.20 per km.
- Accommodation: You may think Airbnb’s are the cheapest place to stay, but here in this small town, Hotels and clubs are just as cheap. Starting at Rs.2,470, you can spend one whole day with snacks by the pool.
- Places to Visit: Dubare Elephant camp where they let you feed and bathe the elephants is among the first things to do. Nisargadhama, an Eco-garden, Nagarhole National Park, White river rafting in Barapole are among the top things to do. Don’t miss the Mandalpatti Jeep Trails, a journey from the bottom to the clouds.
- Duration- 4 days and 3 nights are more than enough to enjoy and spend quality time in the greens.
- Special Tips: Carry monsoon wear to enjoy the after 4 pm showers of rain in summer.
“There is nothing like Russians and their Vodkas.” Be a part of their celebration with a budget trip to Russia and St. Petersburg. This is the perfect trip if you’re looking for something different. The largest country and its largest city is the right way to get enthralled by the natural and architectural beauty.
- How to Reach: Take a flight from any of the metropolitans of India to Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia starting from Rs.30, 855 returns or to Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg starting from Rs.35, 127 round trips. The internal transfers can be done by train, bus or taxi, with train fares starting from 35 Rubles (Rs 37).
- Accommodation: Live the Russian life, in Hotels, Airbnb’s, Hostels, and And Resorts And So On. For a single traveller, hostels are the most efficient option. Try looking for accommodations in the main square, to cut the travel charges and more importantly, to walk around at night after dinner and learn about the extravagant location.
- Places to visit: Starting with the Red square, visit the Hermitage museum, the Cathedrals, splendid gardens, Bolshoi Theatre, the bell tower and don’t forget to have the Neva cruise ride in St. Petersburg, followed by Peter and Paul Fortress, Marion Sky Theatre and the drawing of the Bridge over the Neva River.
- Duration:8 days and 7 nights, for a relaxed yet adventurous trip
- Special Tips: Visit from mid-May to June end, to witness the iconic white nights of the season and be a part of the party. You can buy the City Tour Pass to save money and travel more.
Provider of Solace- Bhutan
There is nothing like a relaxing, soothing trip to Bhutan, the Buddhist Kingdom on the edge of Himalayas’, which is the home to many Monasteries, Fortresses and peaceful Greens. It is the perfect Getaway from the 9-5 work life and stress.
- How to Reach: From Kolkata or Guwahati, you can take a connecting flight to Bhutan or even take a direct flight from Delhi to Paro, Bhutan. The direct flight has just been introduced so it has a low frequency. You can take a train until New Jalpaiguri or Bagdogra in West Bengal, from there, take a cab to Phuentsholing. The expense of travel will approximate to about Rs.8, 000 to Rs.12, 000 per person round trip as there is a per day fee set by the government of Bhutan to preserve its Culture.
- Accommodation: There are Hotels, Resorts and Hostels situated in the luscious valleys of Bhutan with hotel starting from Rs.1940 only.
- Places to Visit: Paro Taktsang, the famous Cliffside Monastery, Punakha Dzong, ancient riverside Palace, Tashichho Dzong, fort and Rinpung Dzong, a Buddhist Fortress are among the few places to visit in Bhutan.
- Duration: 5 days and 6 nights in this heavenly abode are enough to understand and witness this Peace in life.
- Special Tips: Citizens of India do not require a Visa, just a Passport with validity of 6 months or Voter Identity Card.
City of a Hundred Names- Istanbul, Russia
Istanbul, the only major city in the world to exist on two continents, is also the City of Seven Hills and the City of Cats. This legendary city connects tales of love, betrayal and prophecies making it more enchanting and glorious. With magnificent architecture and World Heritage sites, the city offers much more than a unique experience for every tourist.
- How to Reach: There are connecting as well as direct flights from Delhi, Bombay, Kolkata, and some other metropolitan cities. Flights start at Rs.32, 655 round trip per head. There are about three flights per day, so plenty of options that you can choose according to your convenience.
- Accommodation: A number of hotel options are available for as cheap as Rs.709 per night. The trend of Airbnb apartments and hostel is huge here with high affordability and comfort.
- Places to visit: Hagia Sophia Museum, The Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar and Top Kapi Palace Museum are few of Istanbul’s wonders. But when you visit Istanbul, you can’t just visit only in Istanbul city. There is an interconnected network of trains and buses to other cities like Antalya, Ankara, and Izmir making travel easier. Cappadocia, famous for its rock formations and hot air balloon ride and Pamuk kale’s natural thermal water terraces are one of the must visits.
- Duration: 11 days and 10 nights for a relaxed tour of Istanbul and its Neighboring cities.
- Special Tips: Make sure to keep in mind to check the opening and closing hours of the tourist places and don’t forget to grab the flavour of the exquisite Turkish Cuisine.
Land of Smiles- Thailand
Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles, but that is the end result of being the Best Place in the World for massages and beaches. The small islands in Thailand are all worth the visit for their Natural Beauty, Flora and Fauna, Water Sports and to relax with the loved ones. The tour of Thailand does not stick to only Bangkok; it includes the beach town, Phuket as well as the downtown, Pattaya. With brilliant South Asian Cuisine, Thailand has become every Indians’ Favorite Summer place.
- How to Reach: The cheapest flight for Bangkok is from Kolkata starting at Rs.15, 485 round trip. The Beach paradise, Phuket, is easily accessible by air from Bangkok to Phuket International Airport is situated beside a beach. There are overnight buses for travels from Bangkok to Phuket. Travelling is easy, comfortable and fast at the same time.
- Accommodation: Beautiful Hotels and resorts at affordable rates are available from Rs.2655. If your hotel is in a perfect location, all your sunny days will be great by the pool. Although, make sure to book a hotel in the City Centre, as it will ease the accessibility and you can go for casual strolls at night. In Phuket, resorts with private beaches are an excellent choice for a chilling vacation.
- Places to visit: In Bangkok, there are beautiful Buddha Temples and the famous floating markets. Remember to do adventure activities like Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, and Paragliding to feel the high of happiness. Don’t forget to sunbathe on the little Islands with Tropical Fruits and the famous Fried Chicken on the side. Relish the gorgeous street food in Pattaya and dance on the beats from the clubs, while eating on the street.
- Duration: 8 days and 7 nights is the perfect time to loosen up.
- Special Tips: Don’t miss out on the James Bond Island in Khao Phing Kan, Phuket. The Limestone Karsts Island was featured in the James Bond movie, ‘The Man with the Golden Gun’ and has been world famous ever since.
Feel free to sure more such destinations you had visited and suggested that others should too.